Residential Lead Abatement
Many homes built before 1978 contain lead-based paint. When ingested, lead can cause serious health problems including nervous system and kidney damage as well as learning disabilities. Children under six are at greatest risk of ingesting lead dust from deteriorating lead-based paint. Removing lead paint improperly can increase dust resulting in greater health risks for you and your family. EPA Lead Certification is required for any renovation that disturbs more than 6 square feet of interior or 20 square feet of exterior lead paint in residential or child-occupied facilities built before 1978. The professionals at GenCorp Services are trained and certified to meet all your residential lead abatement needs.
Commercial Lead Abatement
Commercial buildings built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. At GenCorp Services, we are certified to provide lead abatement services in commercial properties as well as residential properties. With our experience and expertise, we will work quickly to remove all lead-based paint hazards to ensure employee safety and get your business up and running as soon as possible.
Government Lead Abatement
Lead abatement may also be required in government facilities, especially public elementary schools. Scientific research has shown that exposure to small amounts of lead dust (such as from paint) can permanently affect the learning abilities of small children. However, lead safety can be successfully integrated into school construction and modernization projects. Contact GenCorp Services for the safe removal of lead from schools and other public facilities.
Questions? Call our office at 314-739-1155 or visit the EPA Lead Website for helpful information on lead safety.